It’s really no secret that I’m obsessed with Netflix. Seriously, I can binge-watch with the best of them. So it’s safe to say that I’ve watched my fair share of shows on Netflix. Today I’m happy to share with you a few shows to binge-watch on Netflix that I loved!
1. Friends. If you read my blog regularly, you know my obsession with Friends. It’s literally my favorite show ever. I own every season on DVD and have watched them all at least 10 times. And I’m still not sick of it. If you want to know how deep my obsession really is, know that my bridesmaids walked down the aisle to the Friends theme song at my wedding. I won’t bother explaining the show, since I’m confident everyone reading this has heard of the show!
2. Gilmore Girls. One of my all-time favorite shows ever. I’m slightly obsessed. I’ve watched the season all the way through several times over the years and own the DVD set, and they finally added it to Netflix a few years ago!
3. The Office. This one is kind of a classic and one I can watch over and over again without getting bored! Since I’ve seen it so many times, it’s a great show to have on in the background while I’m working on something else. However, it still never fails to make me laugh each time I watch it.
4. Parks and Recreation. If you like The Office, you’ll probably also love this one. I held off watching this show for the longest time. I’m really picky about comedies and I just didn’t see myself loving it. Boy was I wrong! I binged watched this show from start to finish and I loved every minute of it. It’s the story of a small-town parks department and it’s employees, specifically the assistant director Leslie Knope. The characters personalities are outrageous and absolutely make the show worth watching.
5. Orange is the New Black. You’ve all probably heard of this show. You all probably know it’s about a WASP who finds herself in a federal prison for a crime committed years ago. It’s a hilarious show, though a very graphic one! It’s based on a true story of the real-life Piper, but the stories diverge pretty quickly. It’s entertaining to watch how much the main character changes from the first season, when she’s terrified and doesn’t fit in at all, to the third season where she becomes a bad ass prison bitch.
6. House of Cards. I’m such a politics geeks, so I knew I was going to love this show before I even watched it. It follows the main character Frank Underwood, US Senator, on his mission to climb the political ladder. He’s the main character you love to hate. There’s no arguing that he’s an awful person, but one who you can’t help but obsess over. Every season has been so different, but the first is still my favorite!
7. New Girl. This is just a really fun, quirky show to watch. It’s about the newly broken up with girl who’s a little weird who moves into an apartment with three guys she just met. Like any good show, there’s a couple to obsess over when they’ll get together (and back together). Zooey Deshanel’s perfectly odd personality is a perfect fit for her character in the show.
8. Mad Men. Some good friends introduced me to it a few years ago (and by that I mean talked about it constantly until I caved and watched it). Ever since then, I was hooked. It takes place at a New York advertising office in the 1960’s. If Don Draper’s story isn’t enough to hook you, the fashion definitely will be!
9. How I Met Your Mother. How I Met Your Mother is a lot like Friends in that it’s a comedy about a group of Friends living in New York. I’ve been a fan of this show since high school, though I don’t re-watch it like to I do some of my other favorites. It’s a great one to binge-watch and there are tons of seasons!
10. Parenthood. I’m such a sap when it comes to this show. I swear I cried during almost every episode! I love a good drama, and this one really hit the spot. And being a family drama just makes it all the more cry worthy. Everyone who watches can find at least one character they relate to. Just make sure to have your tissues ready.
11. The West Wing. I didn’t discover this show until it showed up on Netflix. I mentioned above that I’m a politics geek, so this show was like heaven! It’s the perfect combination of funny and dramatic. Plus, you don’t have to be a politics geek to enjoy it! Basically, it tells the story of some of the top-level staffers in a presidential administration.
BEFORE YOU GO
Make sure to check out these other posts you might like on Refined Revelry!
- 7 Things to Do on Sunday For a More Productive Week
- How to Set Goals You Can Actually Achieve
- How to Start a Side Hustle and Make Money From Home
What are your favorite shows to binge-watch on Netflix?